Sunday 30 January 2011

Santa Crus De La Sierra

I´m finding it hard to simply put into words my experiences so far in Bolivia. The country and people are both generous and beautiful. I arrived with ease and spent two days in Santa Cruz with my friend Rachel. We shopped for supplies for the farm by day and chilled in the evening.

I´m dealing with the heat muh better then usual, but I had told myself I would so power of the mind strikes again ;D

I needed to get a sim card sorted and wasn´t having much luck so Rachel got the a policeman to sort it all out for me (he wasn´t after money, just wanted to help!) The evening was spent in the lap of luxury at a very posh hotel (hard life init!) swimming.

After two days we were ready to leave Santa Cruz so began our trip to Samaipata and Danny & Rachel´s farm. A three hour drive into the foot hills of Las Cuervas. They´ve built me the most amazing shelter to stay in and themselves have a wonderful farm over here.

My first night was a little scary if I´m honest. All by myself on a mattress and the protection of a mossie net I jerked and jumped at every scratch, thump and scutter knowing full well that I am sleeping in someone elses back yard, and that someone else had many more legs then me!! My second night was a little easier (I now have a big knife!) but something ran through my room at 4am this morning that sounded a little heavy.....I wasn´t hoping to meet any big cats just yet....

Other then that life on the farm is great, today some friends we met in Santa Cruz stopped by and took us out for lunch which also enabled us to catch some time online yay! The next two weeks will be wonderful I´m sure and I hope to take Rachel away for a long days trek to the third waterfall (which she´s never seen!)

I´m sure I will upodate again soon but if not then next stop Villa Tunari and my stay at Parque Machia.

Thank you all for following xx

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous, it sounds fabulous, except for the many-legged things. To be honest, I don't mind most many-legged things, just the ones with eight legs. Don't be scared of the big cats, they're all pussies at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like pussies so I think I will fit right in there ;) Cheers for reading Helle, hope you´re doing well my dear xx

    ReplyDelete